For the first time in a few years, we’ve found it necessary to expand our pool of freelance writers. In short, we have more projects than writers. We encourage first-time writers or those with limited experience to apply. Great talent often comes from little known corners.
We already have the totally awesome Justin Sluder hard at work on the new Pathfinder and 5th Editions of Arms & Armor. This title will blow your socks off as the single reference book for all things arms and armor related (magical and mundane). We also have Lore of the Gods, Vol. 2: Eastern Mythologies (PFRPG Edition) in the very, very early stages of development.
Here is a list of the titles we are developing for the remainder of this year and all of next that will need writers (titles subject to change):
- Encyclopedia Magica (PFRPG Edition) – an OGL compilation of all spells for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game put together in a single volume. Potential writers must have an excellent understanding of the OGL, how it works, designation of open game content, and proper notation of Section 15.
- Encyclopedia Magica (5th Edition) – same as above except for the 5th Edition rules. Requirements are the same.
- Encyclopedia Magica, Volume 2: Magic Items (PFRPG Edition) – a follow up to the first book, collecting OGL source magic items for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game into a single huge resource reference. Potential writers must have an excellent understanding of the OGL, how it works, designation of open game content, and proper notation of Section 15.
- Encyclopedia Magica, Volume 2: Magic Items (5th Edition) – same as above except for the 5th Edition rules. Requirements are the same.
- Crafts Fantastical: Airships, Ground Mechs, and Siege Machines (PFRPG/5th Edition) – This is an update/expansion to the Bastion Press titles, Airships and Doom Striders. Potential writers must know both Pathfinder and 5th Edition rules as this book will come with dual stats.
- Lore of the Gods, Volume 3: African, Celtic and First Nation Mythologies (PFRPG Edition) – This volume of Lore of the Gods will include expansive information of the mythologies behind African, Celtic and First Nation pantheons. Potential writers should be prepared for extensive research.
- Monsters of Myth and Legend (PFRPG/5th Edition) – A collection of creatures drawn from the myths and legends of today’s modern Earth. Included among the list will include Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti, Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabra, Naga, Ropen, Mamlambo, Worm Monster, Ninki Nanka, and Siberian Snowmen. Potential writers should be prepared for extensive research.
- Monsters and Minions (PFRPG/5th Edition) – Readers have asking for it ever since Pathfinder came out. Now, in a new and updated volume, all of the monsters from the original Bastion Press title, Minions will be given a new treatment that includes descriptions and stats at three different power levels and places them in distinct ecological environments.
- Poisons and Toxins: A Guide to Death and Disability (PFRPG/5th Edition) – A revisit and update to the Bastion Press title, Pale Designs: A Poisoner’s Handbook.
- Living with the Dead: A Guide to Necromancy, Religion and Undead Hunting (PFRPG Edition/5th Edition) – A book that focuses on the nuances of the necromancer, the tribulations of grave robbing, and those that specialize in hunting the undead.
- The Encyclopedia of Dragons (PFRPG/5th Edition) – Dragons have always fascinated gamers. They are a staple of fantasy gaming. But when it comes to actually running a dragon successfully against a party of adventurers, few GMs aren’t intimidated. This book will break down the ecology of dragons, the perils of encountering a dragon in his home habitat, and advice on how to pit the various species of dragons against that pesky party of adventurers.
We will also be releasing smaller electronic PDF titles (for those looking to tackle something less menacing):
- Drop Zones (PFRPG/5th Edition) – These are small environmentally-based encounters that are typically less than 10 pages in length. Drop Zones may be inserted into any campaign as a filler encounter or side quest.
- Adventures (PFRPG/5th Edition) – We are looking for writers capable of producing well-written adventures that will be easily to scale and have a story that makes sense and not just a dungeon crawl with monsters behind every other door.
- World Burning: The Guide to the Fire Mage (PFRPG/5th Edition) – Introduces the base class Fire Mage and a more in-depth look at evokers who specialize in the art of casting fire.
- Herbalism and Druids (PFRPG/5th Edition) – A book that looks into how herbalism can be important, especially to druids.
Do you have an idea for another book? Something you’ve been dying to write but wasn’t sure who to approach? We are open to pitches. All we ask that they are thorough and complete as possible. Interested freelancers should contact Steve Creech (creech at dragonwing dot net).